Thursday 11 May 2017

Linking the course to my practice



Recently I have been mentoring and shadowing a new adjudicator. I have attended sixteen out of eighteen full length plays.

I supplied him with the information with regards to festival guidelines and the strict marking criteria along with general information and some of my experiences.

This is all I gave him.

It is very important for an adjudicator to develop their own process as they need to be able to justify their grading. This reminded me of a previous conversation on the course when we talk about taking "ownership" of our work.

I also felt this related to my BAPP course in another way. Even though we are all being guided through, ultimately the journey is ours. Only we know what we have learnt and how we will apply it to our current and future practice.

1 comment: