Monday 13 November 2017

Tools of Inquiry part 6 - 6a and b



As the tools of inquiry cover many aspects of academic work I have chosen suggestion 5

Looking at documents.

I feel this is the most relevant to my practice at this time as I do need to carry out comprehensive research to ensure I source the most significant document/literature for my field of inquiry.

I am discussing with my SIG groups the most effective way to source information that is relevant to us.

I have chosen

1 Looking at documents (to ensure I have chose the right subject matter).

The other three tools of inquiry that I will discuss to aid me find about my inquiry are -

2 Pilot observation (to ensure I am able to move forward to a conclusion with my findings).

3 Survey/questionaires (with a limited number of participants, who will be carefully chosen to reflect a broad spectrum of industry professionals opinions). I intend to ask general questions first in a questionnaire and then ask them to read research and data relevant to the subject supplied by me.

4 Interviews - to see how the information/statistics/data supplied after the questionaires may have changed their opinions and if so why?

I am also working as a insider researcher in my inquiry as the subject affects my own practice. Being neutral and non-biased is a prerequisite in performance arts as we are a creative community
that supports diversity and opportunity. Or are we? The merits and limitations of my documents will unfold as I beginning researching in more depth with counter arguments and by identifying over arching principles and theories relevant to my Inquiry and professional practice.













No comments:

Post a Comment