Saturday 25 March 2017

Reflective journal 2a part 1



Dear Diary

I have kept a diary of sorts since drama school. I like to remind myself of events and feelings as soon as possible as time can make us recollect things in a different way.

Sometimes I even write on the back of my hand as was the case the other evening when watching BBC2 "Inside No 9" written by Reese Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton. One of the characters said something that made me laugh and I wanted to share it -

"If all the worlds a stage where do the audience sit?"

I find writing helps me to quash my negative thoughts as seeing the text, the written word, helps me to be more realistic in my judgements and prevents me from being too self-critical.

It reminds me that there is no one rule for me and a different one for others. I must practice what I preach and as a journal is a participatory tool it helps towards a strong foundation for organising my learning patterns.

So, for me keeping journals in different ways has been illuminating and I too am looking forward to reading the blogs concerning this subject.


3 comments:

  1. Amanda - illumination a nice analogy - it reminded me to go to some notes that I had to ass to a powerpoint on critical frameworks in literature - another good work liminal space - the in between - here found this idea for latin american art - https://skonieczna.wordpress.com/2009/02/15/liminality-in-art/
    sure there is more out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda - I am a sucker for jotting down quotes I come across during the day wherever I can - whether it be the back of a script or in my schedule diary. It's nice and meaningful to collect quotes throughout our life - because it shows that we are constantly consuming knowledge and enlightening ourselves in regards to our professional practice.
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great thoughts Amanda. How is keeping the journal impacting on your professional practice. How does writing or the written word affect your practice?
    I really like the quote - '...where does the audience sit?' makes me think think there is no sitting back we are all a part of the drama!!!

    ReplyDelete