Tuesday 21 February 2017

Hi Everybody


Task - -Update Personal Profile and CV

CV - changeable depending on audience in mind. Confirm what you do at a glance.
Profile - More static, relevant and easily sourced and focused on what you do. General broader appeal.

After defining the above I realised that mine are as stated. Below is my Profile and I will add my CV later.



Personal Profile

I am a highly motivated professional able to work on my own initiative or as part of a company. Possessed of an enquiring mind, I enjoy developing projects, as I am receptive and open to new ideas and skill sets.

I have a sound knowledge of professional performance practices and this enables me to work within different sectors. I love to motivate and be motivated. At the start of the day I look forward to where it will take me.

I trained at a London Drama School and am a long-standing member of Equity. Professional engagements include a nationwide tour of "A Midsummer Night's Dream and "The Gingerbread Man" and adjudicating the Kent One-Act Drama Festival.

I have managed my own theatre company for children, writing, directing and performing for schools as well as acting workshops and performing Shakespearean plays on the National Curriculum. Working as a founder member of a children's entertainment company enabled me to studying clowning.

Working in all mediums my professional engagements include, radio, television, advertisement, show reels, training information films, stage management, directing and a hotel ident based on the famous Marx Brothers film, "Cabin Fever", where as many people as possible crowd into a small space.

I am currently working on a screen play of a well-known American Philanthropist and Patron of the Arts and researching the changing role of women in theatre whilst studying at Middlesex University.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda.

    I really enjoyed reading your profile. I think your opening line is a very powerful statement and one that will capture the readers attention and want to learn more about you.

    At first I questioned why you had put personal skills first then credits and current status. But I feel it does work to have inter personal skills first as this makes you stand out as an individual, engages the reader, and gives a good understanding of your personality as this is what makes a candidate stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren
    Thanks for your comments. As am moving on from actor to professional adjudication of drama festivals and want to be an external examiner in speech and drama exams my old cv didn't seem quite right. So mine is a work in process and I focused more on the personal profile side.

    ReplyDelete