Friday 24 February 2017

Fast Track Degrees

Fast Track Degrees 


Department of Education have just published the plans for Fast Track Degrees.


The representative of University Alliance thinks it is a good idea as although many prefer to take the traditional route and have the 3 year experience, mature students who are already working would prefer this sort of course. The course will be more intensive, with less holidays and more flexibility. N U S Vice President for Education is not sure.

This seems similar to the course we have already chosen. Do we already have this? Coventry is already running this module.

Various issues were raised in the interview including that the social element to a course is important,
I wondered if you feel we are missing out on the social side such as extra curricular activities to strength relationships etc which might help our progress or is this proposal a version of distance learning but locally?

You can vote on the poll if you type in Fast track degrees ITV news poll 24th February 2017.













3 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda

    This is an interesting idea and Im not to sure one on where my view point currently lies. I don't know how much social interaction really effects academic studies, it will be interesting to see if we feel we are effected from not having the social interactions on our studies. I think this idea can relate across to that from the reader and the use of web 2.0. With the availability of web 2.0 and more people using it is creates a form of interaction and can help create a relationship without any physical interaction. One of our peers shared this article with me-
    http://attentiv.com/we-dont-speak

    Which just proves that nowadays we communicate more online without any physical or verbal interaction so if these courses are introduced I think there would be an increase in interest.

    We could perhaps arrange a social interaction with the use of social media that is not study related to help build relationships?

    Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren
      I think I am going to reserve judgement on this questions as well but I am a believer in you get out what you put in and these blogs are great for that.
      I read the we-don't-speak article. I found the USA statistics interesting. 1 in 4 like to converse on-line, 32% by text and 51% of teenagers prefer to make contact digitally rather than in person. I guess I thought it would be more than that as people always seem to be on their devices.
      I know you like quotes and I thought the Daniel Russel quote 07/14/2015 was profound. "We just don't speak anymore but we're talking more than ever."
      I like your last idea about using social interaction via social media to help build relationships. Might go on line to find out how to do it! Amamda

      Delete
    2. Hi
      To update post on 24th March the poll currently stands at (4th March 2017)for shorter degrees
      43% YES
      49% NO
      8% DON'T KNOW

      Delete